Friday, June 1, 2012


Will a virgin mobile phone work if I travel from Cincinnati to South Carolina?
Last year I took my cricket phone on vacation thinking it would work the entire way. I lost reception in Tenn. and didn't get it back until I hit Tenn. on the way home. I was a nervous wreck the entire time I didn't have service (I was worried the car would break down, what if...?, etc.) I want an affordable phone to take this year and I was looking into virgin mobile. The virgin mobile coverage map looks like there is coverage the whole way or most of the way there but I was under the assumption that the phone would work only in the area you purchased it. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for the help!
Cincinnati - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, virgin mobile should have pretty good coverage
2 :
It should work as long as there is Sprint Service. There is a coverage map on VM's website
3 :
Virgin Mobile works on Sprint's network, so its has coverage where Sprint does, which is most cities and highways, but nowhere near as broad as AT&T or Verizon. If you want good coverage, a cheap AT&T Gophone is probably a better option.
4 :
If VM works off Sprint, then you will have gaps in TN where Sprint service stinks. You might look at Tracfone which uses everyone's cell towers.
5 :
AT&T works world wide with fewer dead spots. The go phone is a cheaper alternative if you are only using the phone for short infrequent calls, no data usage. Signing up with at&t is probably your best option because they have bundles to fit new subscribers and they work with you well to suite your needs.
Read more other entries :
About I want to travel from Cincinnati, OH to Newa...